Workshops & CMIs
The following recordings of various MEFGOX-hosted workshops and Church Music Institutes (CMIs) are presented here for your use.
SHARING IN SONG - October-November 2020
A Virtual Church Music Institute (VCMI) co-sponsored by the Mid-Eastern Federation of Church Musicians & the National Forum of Church Musicians
- Evey Simon: A "Kyrie Eleison" sequence arranged by Dino Anagnost
- Maritsa Madias-Kalasz: "O Angelos Evoa" ("The Angel Cried") by George Raptis
- Kirsten Shah: The Thrice-Holy Hymn by Chrysanthy Therianos of EIKONA
- Steven Hadgis & Kara Ross: A French Orthodox recessional hymn
- Anna Maria Miller: "Praise the Lord" ("Enite ton Kyrion") by Nicholas Roubanis
- Kyriakos Theophanous: The Nativity Exapostilarion
- Resource Material
MAKING YOUR VIRTUAL REHEARSALS EASY & EFFECTIVE - December 2020
- WATCH: A Workshop Presented by Anna Maria Miller, Choir Director of Holy Trinity Church in Nashville, TN
- Resource Material
VIRTUAL CHOIR RETREAT Featuring Dr. Ann Marie Koukios - January-February 2021
A Virtual Church Music Institute (VCMI) co-sponsored by the Mid-Eastern Federation of Church Musicians, the Eastern Federation of Church Musicians, and the National Forum of Church Musicians
Click here to watch the workshop recordings on our YouTube channel.
- “The Lord Bless You and Keep You” ~ Peter Lutkin
- “The Angel Cried” (“O Angelos Evoa”) ~ George Raptis
- “Praise the Lord” (“Enite ton Kyrion”) ~ Anna Gallos
- The Great Doxology ~ Nicholas Bodle
View all Virtual Choir recordings on Zenfolio.
SHARING IN SONG Series 2 - May-June 2021
Deeping our Faith through Understanding the Hymns of the Paschal Season
- May 4: Liturgical Changes for “O Angelos Evoa" / "The Angel Cried”
- May 11: Communion Hymns for Ascension
- Materials: Apolytikion & Communion Hymn
- May 18: Saturday of the Souls
- Materials: Fr. Jon's Presentation and Jessica's Presentation
- May 25: Festal Trisagion Substitution for Pentecost: "Osi Is Christon" / "As Many As Have Been Baptized"
- Materials: Fr. Dean's Presentation and Nick's Presentation
- June 1: Communion Hymns for All Saints
- Materials: Fr. Costas' Presentation, Chrysanthy's Presentation, and Sheet Music
2021 Virtual Convention (July 30 - August 1, 2021) - Click here to view recordings!
Upcoming Events: Coming Soon!